Sunday 4 May 2014

Inspiration - part three

Another piece of inspiration from the 3up bloggers on paperartsy.  This time coming from Kirsten Sheridan.
On Friday Kirsten created a textured, layered, abstract composition on greyboard.

I started again with a white card tag using 3 different blue acrylics layered up the different hues and added a strip of dictionary paper (can you tell I love this ephemera!).

Adding some dylusions border stamps one the paint was dry and a chicken wire stamp with potting shed archival ink (love Wendy vecchi's new colours)

The blocks were formed from a cardboard box, I like the undulating curves that were formed when I painted them with the acrylics. On each block I added a different stamped element, a number collage, phrase and then the same chicken wiring from the background.

Lastly I added a step of stamped numbers and then on top of that a cluster of paper flowers from my stash accompanied with 2 pearl pins. 

My lovely friend Nancy gives me her unwanted butterflies from her monthly kits (my gain!) This time they were cork, lovely thick cork!  What a perfect finishing touch to my tag. 

Abe that's my inspiration done!  Well kind of!  I created another tag, but I shall share that tomorrow, not only that, but since reorganizing my craft room, I have a need to go and create more now.. so be prepared for some non stop crafting from my little craft shed! 

Watch this space!....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to have inspired you. Your tag is great, I love the three panels.

hotpotato said...

Gorgeous Tag Em which looks so much nicer in the flesh.