Friday 25 January 2008

Getting Creative

I challenged myself to make something at least every day... well, it's harder than it seems, especially when you've got a busy family and added commitments now it's not holiday time..

Well, from looking at other peoples blogs and other card making websites, I have found some brilliant inspiration! Not only are there layouts for cards/scrapbook pages, but there are examples of them too.. so.. on a definate try to achieve my goal, I'm going to refer to these places quite often.

So here we go with my first ever card challenge..


BEATES WEEKEND SKETCH CHALLENGE #31

This card was based on a sketch from Beates blog, link on the right (not sure how to enclose it here!)
Using one of the paper pieced magnolias I stamped up last week, and a Pink Petticoat phrase, mounted up on pink c/s and using a A5 sheet from my Payper box.
HUGE 3/16 eyelets that I've had from a RAK and never used them!


DI HICKMAN CARD SKETCH JAN#4

This from another great site for sketches!!

I posted a comment on Jenny's blog (Stamping Moments) saying that my favourite colours atm are Chocolate brown and lime green, however, I can't remember using them in combination together very much, so I gave it a go!

The c/s again is from my Payper Box (still using this up ready for some new stock!) and the green papers are from a pack I bought at the craft club I go to, Dotty About Cards. The phrase is Pink Petticoat and the flower is from a pack I bought from Lakeland in the sales (Brown and pink embellishment box - another great colour combination!). The gem is a Dovecraft one, I'm always worried about them falling off, but it seems to have stayed stuck!

WELL, I hope that you enjoyed them! I enjoyed making them and shall be (hopefully) keeping up with the challenges.. and seeing what I can come up with.

Bye for now,

Em x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both cards look wonderful Em!
Thanks so much for trying out my sketch! Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

What beautiful cards. You are very talented. I know how it is trying to fit in a family, crafting AND blogging. It's fun though. There are as many challenge sites out there as you want - you can do about 2 a day if you want! If you visit my blog there's a few links to challenge sites on the right hand side - with a link to a Sunday Tilda Challenge Site! We warned though - this challenging and blogg hopping is addictive! LOL Lynn xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! :)
Vanessa.

Spot-On said...

beautiful cards! love the green and brown color combo! Oh and for gems I use small glue dots :) TFS!