Sunday 27 April 2014

Chalk Artiste - scrapbooking

Another session at Craftability in Ipswich.  I used one sheet of patterned cardstock along with 3 coloured bazill c/s. 
Trying to emulate the popular project life trend that is going on atm, I decided to trim 3 blocks of colour to mount on top of the cinder background.  The blocks are 10x15cm.  With photos mated on top of these, I took the flowers from the patterned paper and messy cut them, inked the edges and arranged them in a central cluster to join the three blocks together. 
I experimented this month with making my own version of enamel dots, I did this using pearl paint, after several attempts I found out that using simple plastic packaging (this time from my die packages) worked a treat!  We just popped these off when needed and then were glued into place with a tiny dot of cosmic shimmer dries clear glue.
The banners and words were cut from the reverse of the page.
The bottom right hand journaling box was stamped repeatedly with a flower stamp and then added with white strips of journaling. 
We also experimented making our own backgrounds that I will show in the week!

No comments: